Come to the zoo before we open and observe a private cotton-top tamarin training. You and your group will get to watch a training session and have your questions answered by one of our staff members.
Available Sunday and Monday at 8:30am/9:30am (depending on season):
- Cost - $15 for first person, $5 for each additional person
- Maximum Group Size - 8 people
- Minimum Age - None
- Length - 20-30 minutes
- Adult to Child Ratio - 1:4
- Touching – No
- Feeding - No
- Since training takes place before the zoo opens, if you choose to visit the zoo afterwards, you’ll need to pay for admission after the training or show your membership card to the admissions attendant
- Close toed shoes are required (no sandals, flip-flops, etc.)
After purchase, Zoo Boise will contact you to schedule a date and time for your adventure! A 5% online fee is added to the total of online purchases. If you have any questions, please call 208-608-7747.
Behind the Scenes Tours Guidelines:
- Tours must be booked at least 1 week in advance.
- If necessary, tours may be rescheduled based upon animal needs.
- Tours can be rescheduled by the customer if cancellation needs to be made more than 24 hours in advance. With less than 24 hours’ notice, rescheduling and refunds are not available.
- If a tour is cancelled due to animal issues and another date is not available, a refund will be given.
- Gift certificates may be purchased online.
- Zoo admission is not included with Behind the Scenes Tours and must be purchased separately.
- Only one tour can be booked per day.
- Closed toe shoes are required for everyone.
- Guests are required to sign a waiver.
- Pictures are welcomed, so bring your cameras!
When you register for a class or program with the Zoo Boise/City of Boise, this Personal Release Statement is implied: I understand that the registered activities and services may have an element of hazard or inherent danger and I take full responsibility for my actions and physical condition. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Friends of Zoo Boise, Zoo Boise, the City of Boise and its employees from any liability loss, cost or expense (including attorney’s fees, medical and ambulance costs) that I may incur while participating in the activities at the zoo. I give my consent to use any photographs or videotape taken of me in future promotional or marketing materials.
Back To Products