Zoo Boise is now offering special behind the scenes tours. This is your chance to get up-close with some of your favorite Zoo Boise animals.
Close Encounters of a Wild Kind - Penguin Feed and Meet & Greet:
Available Monday through Saturday at 11am and 3pm. Not available on pool cleaning days or during nesting/molting season.
- Maximum Group Size: 4 people
- Minimum Age: 4 years
- Length: 30 minutes
- Cost: $25 for first person, each additional $15
- Adult to Child Ratio: 1:3
- Guests are not allowed to touch the penguins
- Zoo admission is required and is NOT included with Behind the Scenes Tours
- Close toed shoes are required (no sandals, flip-flops, etc.)
After purchase, Zoo Boise will contact you to schedule a date and time for your adventure! A 5% online fee is added to the total of online purchases. If you have any questions, please call 208-608-7747.
Behind the Scenes Tours Guidelines:
- Tours must be booked at least 1 week in advance.
- If necessary, tours may be rescheduled based upon animal needs.
- Tours can be rescheduled by the customer if cancellation needs to be made more than 24 hours in advance. With less than 24 hours’ notice, rescheduling and refunds are not available.
- If a tour is cancelled due to animal issues and another date is not available, a refund will be given.
- Gift certificates may be purchased online.
- Zoo admission is not included with Behind the Scenes Tours and must be purchased separately.
- Only one tour can be booked per day.
- Closed toe shoes are required for everyone.
- Guests are required to sign a waiver.
- Pictures are welcomed, so bring your cameras!
Back To Products